The improvements listed here are the improvements made since the versions SCORT MI 3.1.
• PassTicket generator: with the product is delivered a passticket generator (authentication token) compatible with that of IBM RACF. In addition, the Resource Adapters IMS Connect and CTG / ECI are designed to authenticate optionally with a passticket, depending on its configuration (replay authorized or not, time difference with the host, application name etc.).
All screen modes
• log4j usage: it is now possible to configure the logs via log4j, even in the SCF infrastructure of SCORT (addition of a RASService « Log4JRASService »).
• Flexible choice of security provider: until now (to communicate over TN3270 secured over SSL, for example) the required security provider was Sun’s, which posed incompatibility issues with IBM WebSphere Application Server, for example , since the latter embeds the IBM security provider. The choice of security provider is now left to the initiative of the JVM.
• Reliability of event detection: in previous releases, certain events (keyboard unlocking, synchronization, etc.) were ignored depending on their timing of arrival. Although this problem only occurred exceptionally, the SCORT MI 4.3 version guarantees more robust operation.
• Maintain the last screen arrived: after the execution of an Access Object, when returning to automatic conversion, a bug sometimes caused the display of a screen prior to the last arrived. This problem has been corrected
• JasperException on Tomcat> = 5.5: the Smart module can now be used on versions of Tomcat equal to or later than 5.5.
• Addition of the « counter » filter type: the anchors of the Smart modules can now be specified thanks to a « counter » type filter (of the « page n / m » type).
• Multi-repository mode with fixed URL (« __INDEX »): when calling the Smart’s servlets in fixed URL mode (by specifying the connection number in the « __INDEX » parameter, it is now possible to manage several repositories by having set the initialization parameter « updateTerminalContextParams » to true, please see SCORT Smart Serlvets – Quick Reference Guide for more details.
• Multi-Session Mode: Smart Publishing’s API integrates features to facilitate Multi-Session management within a single browser. These features have been integrated into the “smart” demo WebApp.
• Sync Alignment: A fix establishes correct alignment on records containing a SYNC clause.
Resource Adapter IMS and CICS
• Socket multiplexing: sometimes, the request-response exchange time is much less than the retention time of a connection. This is for example the case in Fastrack mode since a user can stay connected all day (as he would do in 3270) while each exchange is very brief (it barely lasts longer than the execution time of a transaction. ). In this case, there is no need to establish a different physical connection for each user. The Resource Adapters IMS Connect and CTG / ECI now offer the possibility of chaining requests / responses from several different users on the same socket.
Resource Adapter IMS Connect
Note: IMS Connect is used by both Data Mapper (access to an IMS service) and Fastrack IMS (exchange of MIDs and MODs with a screen application).
• Reconnection attempt: when the remote has closed a previously established connection, this causes an error when sending a new request. From now on, in this case and only out of conversation, the Resource Adapter makes one (and only one) reconnection attempt: if it succeeds, it sends the request on this new connection transparently, otherwise it returns an error.